Use this procedure if:

--Your US Passport card was stolen, lost or misplaced

--You are applying for passport card only

--If you are applying for replacement of Passport Book & Passport Card at the same time, please use different procedure: for adults, for minors or for teens 16-18 years of age

Please note Int'l Visa Service is NOT a government agency. We are a private company that is authorized to process US Passport books and cards by the US Passport Agency. A service fee will be associated with each order in addition to the government and shipping fees. 

STEP 1. Gather the following documents:

  • Proof of US citizenship (certified birth certificate issued by the state with both parents' names, previous US passport, or original Certificate of Naturalization)  plus one copy

  • Two passport size photos 2"X 2"  (must be taken within last 2-3 months), cannot wear glasses (new rule of the Passport Agency as of 11/01/16)

  • One Application DS-11 (click here to download). This form can only be signed in front of the clerk at the post office.

  • One Application DS-64 (click here to download). This form can only be signed in front of the clerk at the post office.

  • For Adults: One Letter of authorization - (click here to download) once you sign it, we have to submit it to the passport agency within 5 business days​

  • For Minors: One Letter of Authorization - (click here to download). Must be signed by both parents. Signatures must match the signatures on the driver's licenses. If only one parent is going to the post office, see step 3 and only the parent that is going to the post office needs to sign

  • Copy of driver's license (front & back). For minors: copy of each parent's driver's license (front & back)

  • Round trip Itinerary showing international travel within 14 days or letter of explanation how and when you'll be crossing the border. 

STEP 2. Send copies of the documents:Copies of all documents listed in step 1, must be e-mailed to We will not be able to process your paperwork with out them!

STEP 3. Visit your local post office: find the nearest post office that can assist you by clicking here.

  • You will need to make an appointment with most post offices for a hand carry procedure.
  • For minors: both parents AND child must appear in the post office. If one parent cannot go, he/she needs to fill out and notarize application DS-3053.
  • Show post office your driver's license or state issued ID and tell him/her that you want to do a hand-carry procedure.
  • Make a personal check or a money order for $90 for adults or $75 for minors made out to "US Department of State".
  • Present all documents from Step 1 to the post office clerk.
  • Post office clerk will witness your signatures, put all documents in one envelope, seal it and put official post office stamps on it and will give it back to you. This is your sealed envelope.
  • Make sure to address your sealed envelope to "Passport Agency" and write your full name and date of birth on it.
  • The post office will charge you $35.00 for this process.
  • Make sure all paperwork including Letter of Authorization and itinerary are included inside the sealed envelope. Papers attached to the outside will no longer be accepted.

STEP 4. Fill out IVS Order Form:(click here to download) and place on top of your sealed envelope.

STEP 5. Send all documents to the NEW address below:

International Visa Service
44081 Pipeline Plaza, Suite 210
Ashburn VA 20147
Tel: 703-726-0300

Passport Agency Fees
   8-12 days process  
   4-5 days process  
   2-3 days process*** 
Passport card for adults: must be sealed inside      
Passport card for minors: must be sealed inside

International Visa Service Fees
8-12 days process
4-5 days process
2-3 days process***
Price per passport card processed                   

Shipping Fees
FedEx Overnight
FedEx 2 Day      

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Questions About Fees?

***2-3 days process requires an appointment with our office. Please call 703-726-0300.


*Please include our service fee and return delivery payment or a completed air bill. Incomplete payment, incomplete applications or documents and wrong application form will cause a delay in processing the above visa application.

** The service fees are non-refundable, once we receive your documents and start processing them. Due to the high volume of applications being submitted, the processing times may be delayed by the Passport Agency. While such situations are beyond our control, we will do everything possible to accommodate your trip and will call you immediately to let you know about the status of your application